Crossing over the Line describes the folly of the Mann Act of 1910—a United States law which made travel from one state to another by a man and a woman with the intent of committing an immoral act a major crime. Spawned by a national wave of "white slave trade" hysteria, the Act was created by the Congress of the United States as a weapon against forced prostitution.This book is the first history ...
Series: Chicago Series on Sexuality, History, and Society (Paperback)
Paperback: 324 pages
Publisher: University of Chicago Press; 1st edition (January 1, 2007)
Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.9 x 9 inches
Amazon Rank: 2788932
Format: PDF ePub TXT ebook
reviews: I got this book because I needed it for a class examining American legal history, so needless to say, I did not start reading it with high expectations. I expected it to be dry, fairly boring, and dense to an almost arcane degree, as books on such to...
- Crossing over the Line: Legislating Morality and the Mann Act (Chicago Series on Sexuality, History, and Society (Paperback)) epub
- Download Crossing over the Line: Legislating Morality and the Mann Act (Chicago Series on Sexuality, History, and Society (Paperback)) pdf
- Crossing over the Line: Legislating Morality and the Mann Act (Chicago Series on Sexuality, History, and Society (Paperback)) txt
- 0226468704 epub
- Download David J. Langum pdf
- Download David J. Langum books
- Download Law pdf books
Read Hot wheels values an ientiication ebook aquabiotamapsych.wordpress.com Here The platinum rule discover the four basic business personalities and how they can lead you to success pdf link Read Fifty lectures for mathcounts competitions 1 ebook cahematojoi.wordpress.com Read The valley o ecision marcia avenort ebook allmoanjicrot.wordpress.com Read This time is different eight centuries of financial folly ebook allsukabosiss.wordpress.com
I bought this book for myself. It has been over a year since I lost my sweet dog. The pictures and t...
This book was really different than the others in the series, straying further from the fairy tale. ...
This book was ok. I didn't mind the menage, but it seemed like Nina had a much stronger chemistry wi...