In Deaf life, the personal narrative holds sway because most Deaf individuals recall their formative years as solitary struggles to understand and to be understood. Few deaf people in the past related their stories in written form, relying instead on a different kind of “oral” tradition, that of American Sign Language. During the last several decades, however, a burgeoning bilingual deaf experienc...
Paperback: 320 pages
Publisher: Gallaudet University Press; 1st edition (April 30, 2012)
Product Dimensions: 7 x 0.8 x 10 inches
Amazon Rank: 2615973
Format: PDF Text TXT ebook
- Deaf American Prose: 1980-2010 (Gallaudet Deaf Literature Series, Vol. 1) pdf
- Download Deaf American Prose: 1980-2010 (Gallaudet Deaf Literature Series, Vol. 1) epub
- Deaf American Prose: 1980-2010 (Gallaudet Deaf Literature Series, Vol. 1) text
- 978-1563685231 epub
- Download Kristen C. Harmon epub
- Download Kristen C. Harmon books
- Download Literature and Fiction pdf books
This is a collection of several smaller, themed photos books contained in a sliding book cover. Each...
Bought this book for one pattern. It was worth paying for. Thank you Vanna. Excellent Seller too....
I loved how this book demonstrated the characters love for her heritage on both sides. Everything th...
It's true, this book is somewhat dated (or maybe even a LOT dated) in its expression of some of the ...