Is it time to embrace the so-called “Anthropocene”—the age of human dominion—and to abandon tried-and-true conservation tools such as parks and wilderness areas? Is the future of Earth to be fully domesticated, an engineered global garden managed by technocrats to serve humanity? The schism between advocates of rewilding and those who accept and even celebrate a “post-wild” world is arguably the h...
Paperback: 248 pages
Publisher: Foundations for Deep Ecology 3; None edition (May 6, 2014)
Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.9 x 9 inches
Amazon Rank: 1132131
Format: PDF ePub TXT book
reviews: This is a necessary and timely collection of essays. Essential reading and highly recommended. True conservationism – which seeks to protect wild ecosystems and species because of their intrinsic value – is under attack and in serious jeopardy of be...
- Keeping the Wild: Against the Domestication of Earth epub
- Download Keeping the Wild: Against the Domestication of Earth epub
- Keeping the Wild: Against the Domestication of Earth text
- 978-1610915588 pdf
- Download George Wuerthner epub
- Download George Wuerthner ebooks
- Download Science and Math epub ebooks
Oh how I love this book, which I will reread. I've also ordered a paperback copy for my daughter-in-...