Machiavelli in Love introduces a complex concept of sex and sexual identity and their roles in the culture and politics of the Italian Renaissance. Guido Ruggiero's study counters the consensus among historians and literary critics that there was little sense of individual identity and almost no sense of sexual identity before the modern period.Drawing from the works of major literary figures such...
Paperback: 300 pages
Publisher: Johns Hopkins University Press; Reprint edition (January 3, 2011)
Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.8 x 9 inches
Amazon Rank: 2674605
Format: PDF Text TXT book
reviews: Ruggiero's book, based alike on literary and documentary sources, is a study of Cinquecento constructions of identity, by one self and others, and in particular the role of sexual conduct in constructing masculinity. It also challenges the over-rigid...
- Machiavelli in Love: Sex, Self, and Society in the Italian Renaissance epub
- Download Machiavelli in Love: Sex, Self, and Society in the Italian Renaissance epub
- Machiavelli in Love: Sex, Self, and Society in the Italian Renaissance txt
- 978-0801898358 epub
- Download Guido Ruggiero pdf
- Download Guido Ruggiero ebooks
- Download Textbooks epub ebooks
After reading i gave it to a very special gay man who appreciated it as a birthday present.Susan Bar...
Book was as described. Exactly what I needed for my class. Quick delivery...